Okavango & Beyond
- 2 nights' bush camp accommodation (no facilities)
- 5 nights' camping accommodation (basic facilities)
- 1 nights' guesthouse accommodation
- Breakfast daily, 3 lunches and 6 dinners
- Transport by overland vehicle, boat, mokoro
- INCLUDED ACTIVITIES: Chobe National Park - River cruise
- Okavango Delta - Mokoro safari
- Okavango Delta - Sunrise Walk
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary - Game drive
- Soweto - Cycle tour
International flights, airport taxes, travel insurance (mandatory), meals not specified, visas and passport fees, optional activities and other personal expenses.
Travel from Zimbabwe to South Africa via bewitching Botswana. Soak up the sights and sounds of peaceful waterholes, meandering creeks and mighty rivers on this refreshing African adventure. Some of the continent's most iconic animals call Southern Africa home, including elephants, rhinos, giraffes, hippos, crocodiles and ostriches. Explore the remote waterways of the extraordinary Okavango Delta in Botswana, be awed by the thunder of Zimbabwe's Victoria Falls and travel down the Chobe River at sunset as animals come out to play. The contrast of Africa's wild plains and bustling cities makes for an enriching and thrilling travel experience.
Day 1 : Victoria Falls
Day 2 : Chobe National Park
Day 3 : Maun
Day 4 : Okavango Delta
Day 5 : Okavango Delta
Day 6 : Maun
Day 7 : Khama Rhino Sanctuary
Day 8 : Soweto / Johannesburg
Day 9 : Soweto
Why you'll love this trip: Besides being one of the world's most dazzling waterfalls, Victoria Falls offers a range of exciting activities, from nature walks to breathtaking scenic helicopter flights. A sunset cruise is the ultimate way to soak up the ambience of the Chobe River. Keep an eye out - and a camera at the ready - for elephants, cheetahs and lions frolicking on the shore. Experience the untouched wilderness of Botswana's Okavango Delta, staying on a remote island bush camp. As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else. Visit the Khama Rhino Sanctuary - an important local conservation project and the last remaining place in Botswana where both black and white rhinos live. Cycle through the colourful streets of Soweto and hear first-hand stories of the township's colourful history. On this trip you will be accompanied by 3 crew members - Group Leader, Driver and a camp assistant. Your Camp Assistant is responsible for setting up camp and preparing your meals so you can take extra time to relax at the end of your day. Camping beds/stretchers, sleeping bags, blankets and pillows are provided for camping nights to provide an extra level of comfort.
Is this trip right for you: Camping out in the amazing Okavango wilderness means digging a bush toilet and going without a shower. It's all part of the delta experience. You will need a reasonable level of fitness for the cycle tour in Soweto, as the town isn't totally flat. The African wild comes alive at sunrise, so there will be some early starts for game drives. The thrill of spotting your first lion or rhino is well worth any loss of sleep! Our purpose-built overland vehicles allow for excellent game viewing, equipped with large sliding windows. They have no air-conditioning, however, so they can get dusty and hot at times. The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land! As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days. Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Experience Southern Africa trip.
Terms and conditions
- Trips are subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid travel at time of booking.
- A deposit of ZAR4000 is required at the time of booking and guarantees price - full payment is due 56 days before departure.
- *All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Credit card required for car hire where applicable.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 23 September 2019 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 October 2019 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 October 2019.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.