Waitomo Glowworm Express
- Scenic drive through Waikato region
- Waitomo Caves
- Complimentary hotel pick-up / drop-off available
- Free WiFi is available on this tour
Flights and taxes, accommodation, items of a personal nature, items not mentioned
Take a full-day tour to the fascinating Waitomo Glowworm Caves in the Central North Island. Leaving Auckland in the morning, we travel through rolling farmland into the Waikato and King Country regions. Your local driver guide will point out highlights of the region, like Rangiriri, where a major battle was fought between British forces and those loyal to the Maori King movement in 1863. After arriving in the small town of Waitomo, you'll be taken on a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Glowworm Caves. Formed from limestone over 30 million years ago, the caves were first discovered in 1887 and are now one of New Zealand's most popular tourist destinations. Wander through subterranean caverns and learn about stalagmites, stalactites, helictites and other spectacular rock formations. Finish off your tour on a short but enchanting boat ride travelling through the Glowworm Grotto, where thousands of glowworms light up the darkness like tiny stars. After your Glowworm Caves tour you'll have leisure time at the Waitomo visitor complex, where you can enjoy the stunning views and learn more about the region. Restaurant and cafe style meals are available (own expense), or a tasty picnic-style lunch can be pre-booked (optional extra). After your Waitomo experience draws to a close, board the coach for the return trip to Auckland, arriving in the afternoon.
DURATION: 7 hours
DEPARTS:Daily at 7:30am
Terms and conditions
- Rates are subject to rate of exchange fluctuation.
- Availability can change at anytime and is never guaranteed.
- High Season & weekend surcharges may apply.
- Minimum numbers for tours to depart may apply.
- All prices are subject to Rate of Exchange and when a deposit is paid the balance of the booking is subject to the rate of exchange on date of full payment.
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply.
- Book and pay in full to avoid disappointment.
- Prices and availability are correct as at 16 January 2020 and are subject to change without notice.
- Prices quoted are on sale until 31 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All packages and flights have to be booked and paid for before 31 March 2021.
- All packages are quoted per person sharing.
- E and OE.